Living Word Family Church is a Bible-believing church.
We believe God has revealed Himself through the Scriptures, and the Scriptures are to be taught using sound doctrine. We emphasize every portion of Scripture, the birth, life, death, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, the outpouring of the Holy Spirit, the mission of the body of believers, and the ministering work of the Holy Spirit in the world today.
Living Word Family Church accepts the Scriptures as the revealed will of God, and adopts the following statements of Fundamental Truths and Doctrine:
- The Old Testament and the New Testament are the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- The Word is the complete revelation of God’s eternal and unchanging will for all of mankind. (1 Thessalonians 2:13, 2 Peter 1:19-21)
- The Word is the divine and final authority for the Christian life. (2 Timothy 3:16)
- There is only one God in the three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- God is the infinitely perfect and eternally existent Creator of all things. (Matthew 28:19, Matthew 3:16-17, 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14, Ephesians 4:4-6, 2 Corinthians 13:14)
- Jesus is the union of God and Man.
- He is the True God and True Man, conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. (Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:27, Isaiah 7:14)
- He lived a sinless life and died on the cross as a sacrifice for the sins of all men. (1 Corinthians 5:7, Ephesians 5:1-3, Hebrews 9:26, Hebrews 4:15)
- He arose bodily from the dead, ascended at the right hand of the Father as our high priest and advocate. (2 Corinthians 5:14-16, 1 Corinthians 15:3-5, Hebrews 6:19-20)
- Man was created in the image of God, but fell into sin, which resulted in his spiritual death and separation from God.
- Only through regeneration (being born-again) by the Holy Spirit, can salvation and spiritual life be obtained. (John 3:5-8,1 Peter 1:22-24, John 3:16)
- You are born again when you confess that Jesus is Lord of your life and believe that God raised Him from the dead. Old things are gone and all things are new! (Romans 10:9-10, Romans 6:23, 2 Corinthians 5:17)
It’s not as important what church you belong to as much as what family you are a part of. The first step in getting connected here is to become a part of the family of God. You do this by becoming a Christian (a believer and follower of Jesus Christ) The Bible says in Romans 10:9-10
9 If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved.
If you would like to become a Christian, a child of God, with Heaven as your future home, please pray this prayer with Pastor Paul:
If you prayed this prayer with Pastor Paul, it’s important to share what you have done with someone. We would love to know about it. Contact us and let us know and we will send you some information to help you get started in your walk with God.
WATER BAPTISM & COMMUNION
- Water Baptism and Communion are ordinances to be observed in the Church.
- They are not means of salvation. The shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only grounds for justification and salvation. (Matthew 28:19, Romans 6:4, Colossians 2:12, 1 Corinthians 11:23-36)
- The Holy Spirit operates in our daily lives.
- He indwells, comforts, guides, instructs, and empowers the believer for godly living and service with the final purpose of glorifying the Lord Jesus Christ in the earth. (John 14:16-17, John 15:26)
- Every believer should be filled with the Holy Spirit, with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues. (Mark 16:17, Acts 2:4)
- Prayer is a lifestyle.
- Every born-again, spirit-filled believer should maintain a consistent prayer life by praying regularly with their understanding and in tongues. (Ephesians 6:18, 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)
- Without faith it is impossible to please God.
- Those who have been born again shall live by faith and this pleases God. (Hebrews 11:6, Hebrews 10:38, Galatians 3:11, Romains 1:17, Habakkuk 2:4)
- When we are born again we are redeemed from the curse of the law found in the Old Testament, which consisted of poverty, sickness, and spiritual death (separation from God). (Deuteronomy 28, Galatians 3:13)
- We obtain this redemption by faith in the Word of God which reveals to us His great and precious promises given so we can partake in the divine nature. (2 Peter 1:3-4)
- The universal church is composed of all those who are born again.
- Jesus Christ is the Lord and head of the church. (Ephesians 1:22)
- He has provided leadership for the local church through the ministry gifts, which only He can give. (Ephesians 4:10-12,1 Corinthians 12:27-29)
- Every local church has the right, under Christ, to decide and govern its own affairs. (Colossians 1:18, 1 Timothy 3)
- The premillenial second coming of Jesus Christ is two-part in nature.
- He will come in the air to resurrect the righteous dead and catch the living saints. (1 Thessalonians 4:16-18, Acts 1:11)
- He will then come to earth to establish His physical Kingdom and begin His thousand-year reign. (2 Timothy 4:1, Hebrews 12:28, Revelation 20:1-6)
- There will be a bodily resurrection of the dead.
- Believers go to the everlasting joy with the Lord and unbelievers to judgment and eternal punishment, apart from God. (Romans 8:11, 1 Corinthians 6:14, 2 Corinthians 5:8-10, Hebrews 6:2, Hebrews 9:27)